.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

lubablog

Because wherever you go, there you are
Welcome NSA!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Catching Up a Bit

I've gotten a bit behind in my posts, I'm afraid. Sometimes I just get too busy to write, and sometimes I am so tired by evening that I only want to sleep. But it's a quiet weekend, so here are few more observations about India.

BTW, I have been keeping up a bit with what's going on back home via the internet. Prasad got the computer experts in and we now have WiFi in the Mathews household. I'm probably as well informed as if I were home, and reading the Hindu each morning keeps me up on the news of India. The most interesting thing I've read recently has been this speech by Bill Moyers.He speaks to the way money has corrupted modern politics, and quotes Louis Brandeis, one of the greatest of our Supreme Court justices: “You can have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, or democracy, but you cannot have both.” So true, as we are seeing today.

To keep up with the news (non-mainstream media), click on the websites on the right. I'll be back to e-mailing articles of note when I get home, but for now, you're on your own, mostly.

Danziger had an India-themed cartoon recently; sad, but pretty much true:

I wandered around Vellore the other day, and took these photos. This is a coconut seller in town:

And work is always going on at CMCH:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home