.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

lubablog

Because wherever you go, there you are
Welcome NSA!

Monday, October 03, 2005

Yellowstone, Again

I decided to take a different route into Yellowstone, one which didn't involve driving through a construction zone on the side of the mountain. Instead, I drove along the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway, which proved to be beautiful--at least what I could see of it. Most of the time I was driving through the clouds in a snow storm. At one scenic overlook, there were about six inches of snow on the ground.


The park was also cloudy with lots of snow. I saw a lot of buffalo, and a lot of clouds. In the area near Mammoth Springs (NW corner), the sun shone in a postcard sky.


I enjoyed the weather briefly, as did this raven, but decided to cut my tour of Yellowstone short, as it was snow and more snow further south, with black ice in the Grand Tetons.


Instead I drove to Idaho, to the Salmon River valley, to visit with my friend Pam. I saw lots of fishermen along the way, enjoying a fine autumn afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home