.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

lubablog

Because wherever you go, there you are
Welcome NSA!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Homemade Bailey's

I've always enjoyed Bailey's Irish Cream, either over ice or with coffee (it makes coffee drinkable!) Several years ago, my friend Lorrie Oikarinen gave me a UP church cookbook. Among the recipes was a large section dedicated to alcoholic drinks, and Bailey's was among them. I made a batch, and have made hundreds since. I mix up huge amounts for Christmas, both as gifts and for my party. I hand it out in quart jars.

Here is the recipe:
Bailey’s Irish Cream

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup half-and-half
4 eggs
2 T chocolate syrup
2 t instant coffee
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 t almond extract
1 cup vodka (cheap variety)

Place all the ingredients except the vodka in a blender. Blend. Allow to settle a bit, as it is quite frothy at first. Add vodka to taste; I use 1 cup vodka per 3 cups mixture. Keep refrigerated (if you do so, this will last almost indefinitely).


The original recipe called for whiskey, but I prefer the vodka, and think that Bailey's made this way actually tastes better than the "real" stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home