.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

lubablog

Because wherever you go, there you are
Welcome NSA!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bird Feeders


The bird feeders weren't filled while I was away in Australia, so there weren't many birds hanging around my yard when I got home. And, on my days off, the weather has been cold and rainy, so I hadn't gotten around to filling them.

It was cold out today, and gray, but no precipitation, so I headed out and filled the feeders: four thistle feeders (great for finches and chickadees), two suet feeders (appreciated by woodpeckers) and four seed feeders (two for small birds, one for large birds and one, apparently, for squirrels). I was worried that, having been empty for so long, the birds might have forgotten about them. Not a problem - within seconds, even before I had finished my tasks, there were birds feeding: chickadees, nuthatches, downy woodpeckers, and a tufted titmouse.

There was life in my yard again.....

(Next bird task: putting in the birdbath heater. Really.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home