.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

lubablog

Because wherever you go, there you are
Welcome NSA!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Australia Bound


I am leaving for Australia later today. I'll be visiting friends in Queensland (Brisbane area) and Western Australia (Perth and the southwest mostly). I have a month to travel around; of course it won't be nearly enough time, but I have to get home in time for the fall mid-term elections

It's spring down under, and the wildflowers are in bloom.

I plan to photograph a lot of them, and perhaps post some to this, my Aussie blog, and eventually to my web site here. (You can see older photos here as well.)

Christobel and I love going out into the outback; Tom is on spring break, so we should be able to get away for a bit.


I don't mind driving there, except for dawn and dusk, when the kamikaze kangaroos come out to play.


I love the open road of Australia - you can sometimes drive for hours, and not see another living soul.


Brisbane has more of a subtropical climate, and Jane's garden should be looking lovely. The highlight there, of course, will be seeing her new baby, little Jonathon, all of 3 months old.

I may post if truly inspired by political events, so check back. But check the Aussie blog to see what I'm up to down under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home