.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

lubablog

Because wherever you go, there you are
Welcome NSA!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Mentos Challenge, Part 2

My extended family spent Father's Day together up on Mackinac Island--not the best choice for someone (me) with severe horse allergies, but I didn't plan the event. With plenty of Allegra and oral steroids, I survived.

My Aunt Susie was there with the Mentos, and we had an extra bottle of Diet Coke, so we did what anyone who had seen the videos below would do: we attempted to replicate the Mentos experiments. Having no drills or string, we went for the simplest experiment--dropping Mentos into the Coke bottle. I attempted to form a tube from a piece of paper, but it didn't work as well as it might, and only two or three Mentos actually made it into the bottle.

Still, as the photo with Nick shows, the result was pretty impressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home