.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

lubablog

Because wherever you go, there you are
Welcome NSA!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring Has Arrived

...of that there is no doubt. The temperatures were in the 70s today, and the lake has completely melted–no more patches of ice. That doesn't mean there won't be any more snow–this is Michigan, after all–but, generally, winter is pretty much over.

The birds seem convinced it's spring as well. My ducks have arrived, and are gobbling down whatever they can find under the feeder. I've seen my first purple finch (see below), and the goldfinches are becoming very patchy looking, as they grow in their breeding (yellow) plumage.

Purple finches are actually quite red!

I've been busy, and just haven't had the inspiration to blog much. The mainstream press is finally covering the many sins of the Bush administration, so I don't really need to. I should put in my two cents as well, but Easter is near, and I have lots of pysanky to make. I may post a few more items if it is slow at work tomorrow.

The rain is pouring down, a reminder that a Michigan spring is usually gray and wet. I took the car to the car wash today–every time I lean against it, even inadvertently, I get coated with salt, so it was time. I enjoyed that clean car feeling for all of thirty seconds–the minute I left the car wash it began to rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home