.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

lubablog

Because wherever you go, there you are
Welcome NSA!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Back to Work

Why is working for pay so much more tiring than working for free? The hours I put in at my real job are not that much longer than at my volunteer gigs, but they seem a lot longer. I suspect it is the difference between working at the regular grind, and doing new, interesting things.

Not that my job isn't interesting--I get to meet lots of new people, and help them have babies (or not, as the case may be). And there's less of a language barrier. Maybe it's just having to get up at five in the morning, and going in while it's very cold an d very dark out. Who knows?

Do I work in a classy hospital, or what?

Today was my first day back. It wasn't horribly busy until, of course, the last two hours before I was to finish. And, hating to leave loose ends, I stuck around to finish things up.

Then home, worn out, capable only of watching last night's Daily Show/Colbert Report, and tonight's Olbermann and L&O.

.............Sigh. Time to plan another trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home