.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

lubablog

Because wherever you go, there you are
Welcome NSA!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Cold, Cold, Cold......

Michigan weather is nothing if not schizoid. Yesterday it was 50 and raining. This morning I have a fresh coat of snow on the ground, and it's 26 degrees with very strong winds. I refilled the bird feeder earlier in the day wearing just a sweater (the juncos are quite happy), but now it's too cold to spend more than a minute or two outside. Brrrr!

It's a bit better inside. I warmed myself earlier with talk of India--two women from Ann Arbor came over, and we talked of Vellore. They're going for the first time later this month, and were given my name by a mutual acquaintance. I'm planning to go in mid-February, so I will just miss them over there. Blue skies and shimmering heat--I can almost feel it. I was inspired to post a few more of my India photos here. More to come in the next month, as I hope to get them all up before I leave and take even more.

Now I'm drinking tea and wearing woolly slippers--the house never gets quite warm when it is this cold out, and with natural gas prices being what they are, it's not really worth trying to heat it. I can lock myself up in the library upstairs, and put on the space heater to get cozy, once I finish today's appointed tasks.

The tea is also good for my persistent cold and cough, a gift from my youngest niece. Thanks, Fuzz!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home